Monday, August 26, 2013

Words from a parent... about SCA Awareness

Working with Living for Zachary for several years, I have learned alot about Sudden Cardiac Arrest. I have learned and read about this horrible life changing event that can happen to our young people. I have encouraged my fellow adult friends to have their child's heart screened and shared Living for Zachary to everyone. Having a son, I even have felt very bonded to Karen and how Sudden Cardiac Arrest could strike my own children.

I was overjoyed when I saw that my youngest daughter's IISD Athletic Information Packet had a Sudden Cardiac Awareness Information Sheet included. I about fell over! I have been pushing this information for years and now I see finally that the school districts are taking SCA seriously.

This UIL Sudden Cardiac Awareness document details out the following:

If this UIL SCA document has been around - I have not seen it and nevertheless am thrilled to finally have some information out in my particular school district out about Sudden Cardiac Arrest.

Thank you UIL, thank you IISD for including this important information sheet on Sudden Cardiac Arrest. I am overjoyed that finally parent's will have some additional information on this event that can affect our young athletes.

Thank you Living for Zachary for bringing awareness to parents about Sudden Cardiac Arrest and how it can strike anyone at anytime, anywhere.

Kim Goldston / Mother of 3 / Irving, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment